Dentistry is a vast medical circle that envelopes many dentistry specialization. Every dentist such as Somerville pediatric dentist or an Orthodontist enjoys a set of importance and is regarded highly to function as per dental hygiene standards. Be it Pediatric dentistry Somerville MA or Orthodontist dentistry, dental patients highly value every scope of dentist assistance.
Talking specifically about an orthodontist, his/her job is important and carries a valuable set of responsibilities which deliver rewarding results. Orthodontist in Somerville not only works only giving their patients a bright new smile by rightly aligning the poorly aligned teeth, but also performs a gratifying job on eliminating the problems related to speech, bite and chew by setting jaw, teeth and facial muscles in harmony. They also make use of sedation dentistry for sensitive patients.
All the Dentists in Somerville practicing in this domain deliver the required expertise in offering a comprehensive treatment to their patients by carrying out the below listed dental procedures:
- Examination and Diagnosis of the Issue: The first step is to examine patient’s teeth, along with taking a deeper looking into the alignment of jaw and facial muscles that are set surrounding the mouth. Post this, specific areas that need treatment are identified like overlapping teeth or other jaw occlusions.
- Recommendations: Once the problem area gets identified, Orthodontist Somerville MA recommends the treatment options such as fitting of dental “appliances” like braces, retainers, and space maintainers, labial and lingual arch wires etc. This helps in positioning the patient’s misaligned teeth and jaw rightly so that they can function comfortably. Post this, every dentist, be it an orthodontist or any Pediatric dentist Somerville MA provides the overall estimated cost of the treatment after confirming the insurance and taking approvals.
- Treatment: Once the treatment is decided upon, dentists work upon the best approach to insert the dental appliance in the targeted area of mouth and adjust the same for his/her comfort. Orthodontist treatment can also go over for a few sessions if the appliance to be installed is complex such as braces. Post installation, patient is recommended to visit for regular check-up, cleaning, and adjustment of the appliance.
Also termed as pediatricians of dentistry, the dentist of this category specializes in offering wide-ranging preventive and therapeutic Pediatric Dental Care to the children, infants and teenagers and the ones with special needs (such as disabled or mentally challenged or chronically ill patients).
Peabody dentists are appropriate choices for parents who want to provide specialized dental treatment to their children. Each dentist practicing Pediatric dentistry Peabody MA is skilled to handle common conditions to those who have other disorders such as down syndrome, seizure disorders, vision/hearing impairments, cleft palate, cleft lip, and other craniofacial conditions, etc.
Apart from the regular dental care provided by these pediatric dentists, they provide brushing and diet/nutrition recommendations and advice regular & detailed cleaning through fluoride treatments. Dentist in Peabody makes use of sealants which save the kids from cavities. They are qualified to practice Sedation Dentistry. The treatments of sedation dentistry include the following:
- Oral Medication: Orthodontist Peabody MA makes a selection of medication that helps in relaxing the children and do not make him/her unconscious. They ensure that the medication keeps the children responsive to direction and touch. This is highly recommended to children who remain nervous, restless or are young.
- Nitrous oxide (“laughing gas“): This is regarded as the safest sedative in dentistry used by majority of Pediatric Dentist Peabody MA. This helps in bringing down the anxiety levels and gagging in children and facilitates to make the appointments a little longer. Children remain cognizant during treatment and after the treatment; their recovery is fast and complete.
- Local Anesthetics: This is regarded as a topical anesthetic which is quite similar to a teething gel. The same is applied with a cotton swab to avoid pain on the surface. Sedation dentistry involves use of a local anesthetic, namely Lidocaine which is often injected in a specific area to avoid discomfort during the treatment.
- General Anesthesia: General anesthesia is used for treatments that involve extreme pain and immediately put the patients to sleep. This is a preferred treatment for a child who has a mental / physical disability and demands a perfect hospital setting.
Improper teeth have a bad impact on your overall presence or appearance. To deal with improper teeth, getting braces is not a desire of any one. But still, braces are essential in case you need a wider smile and proper shaped teeth. Invisalign Teen® helps you to straighten your teeth without going under any painful treatment. The Braintree orthodontist provides less painful and secure orthodontic and invisalign solutions to bring a beautiful smile on your face. People generally get afraid of going to a dentist because of the pain that occurs during the dental treatment. But, with help of invisalign the treatment has become less painful with lower periodontal risk.
Here is an infographic that illustrates the orthodontic and invisalign solutions.